Home at last

All things 2008

Postby jess » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:47 am

I'm finally home, all the bikes have been delivered, and my photos are up on scoot.net. Thanks to all, and especially Patrick, for such a great time. I'm just glad it's over.
jess
125%

Postby robtaylor » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:10 am

got word back from my mechanic, he says the crankshaft is bent and the top and bottom of the engine will have to be rebuilt or replaced. he believes the bike was being ridden at too high rpms for too long and the heat caused the shaft to bend.

it's funny i bought an older buddy that needed work and swapped a new engine into it, the problem with the first engine? bent crankshaft. coincidence?
robtaylor
Auto 190

Postby Joel Hamilton » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:42 pm

robtaylor wrote:got word back from my mechanic, he says the crankshaft is bent and the top and bottom of the engine will have to be rebuilt or replaced. he believes the bike was being ridden at too high rpms for too long and the heat caused the shaft to bend.

it's funny i bought an older buddy that needed work and swapped a new engine into it, the problem with the first engine? bent crankshaft. coincidence?

Engine swap? Man, I thought I had the patent on that this time around...

I am looking forward to you updating your blog, Rob.
Heroic effort, my man.
Talk soon...
Joel Hamilton
Auto 250

Postby svhess » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:37 pm

To all the Cannonballers,

I had a great time riding with each and everyone of you. I hope we can stay in touch.

Barbara and I made it back to Tulsa on 23 September. I took 24 September as vacation and returned to Wichita on 25 September for the first day back to Boeing. Wow. Everybody at Boeing was interested in hearing about the ride. Of course as each of you know retelling the adventure doesn't do it justice. Mike Smith, it was a pleasure riding with you. Many thanks for the times you waited on me as the traffic lights didn't go my way in many of the towns. Anyway, many thanks to all.

Patrick, you did an outstanding job of leading the pack of scooterists, many thanks.
svhess
114%

Location: Wichita, KS (Work-Boeing) & Sand Springs, OK (Home)

Postby k-dog » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:19 pm

thanks to all! I had another great time, Patrick & everyone thanks again.
k-dog
Manual 200

Postby smooothrider » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:23 pm

:oops:

Hi all. I just found this thread. So I got home safe and sound as you probably all know. I just have to post here. It is a fitting end to a great adventure. Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful memories.

What about a reunion at Amervespa in San Jose? Think about it. Another adventure!!!!

Wayne
smooothrider
smooothrider
Auto 250

Postby robtaylor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:05 am

anyone heard from Pete on when the Scoot! article will be coming out?
robtaylor
Auto 190

Postby rocket » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:26 am

i dont care as long as he writes the canadiens saved his arse when he ran out of gas
dont follow me, YOU WONT MAKE IT.
rocket
Manual 200

Previous

Return to 2008 Event Planning