East Coasters getting scoots home

Discuss ideas for the 2010 Cannonball

East Coasters getting scoots home

Postby mapsail13 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:24 am

I have a Penske truck on hold in Portland, Maine. Can't pick up till Monday at 7am. If some of you want to pitch in, I'll drop your scoot off on my way back to Florida.
So far it will be: My GT 200 and Juans super fast PX 222

If you need to fly home on Sunday, we just have to get your scoot near mine and we'll load it up on Monday.

QUESTION: THOSE WHO HAVE LOADED SCOOTS ON UHAUL LAST TIME.....ANY TRICKS OR TIPS I NEED TO KNOW??

Thanks,
Melanie
mapsail13
102%

Postby danham » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:06 am

Go to the lumber yard and buy a piece to serve as a cheap ramp, get Canyon Dancer straps and assorted tie-downs, load 'em forward. Then hope your Penske is as considerate as ours was, holding off on breaking down and having to be towed until we were within a mile of Joel's place in NY [g].

You may also want to bring a brick to drop on the accelerator and a cushion for the awful seat.

At least gas is likely to be cheaper than '08 - we had to use two credit cards all the way across because we kept exceeding the credit sale limit on most pumps.

-dan
I like blue: bikes, skies, highways, music.
danham
Twisted Crank

Re: East Coasters getting scoots home

Postby HelixGeoff » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Melanie,
I would say count me in for the return.

When we get closer to the day I will get with you to go look inside a truck and decide what we may need to secure the scoots from fighting with each other all kramed (sp?) in the back there for the ride south. Don't want them scufflin about and wearing off all the hard earned mud, bugs, sweat and whatever else may be on theem give them CBR2010 character.

I have a Penske truck on hold in Portland, Maine. Can't pick up till Monday at 7am. If some of you want to pitch in, I'll drop your scoot off on my way back to Florida.
So far it will be: My GT 200 and Juans super fast PX 222

If you need to fly home on Sunday, we just have to get your scoot near mine and we'll load it up on Monday.

QUESTION: THOSE WHO HAVE LOADED SCOOTS ON UHAUL LAST TIME.....ANY TRICKS OR TIPS I NEED TO KNOW??

Thanks,
Melanie
HelixGeoff
122%

Postby mapsail13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:23 pm

Sounds good Geoff. I'm thinking may need to pick up a 2x6 for front tire to rest against so as not to mess up front fender....strap down handlebars to tie downs on sides of truck. Hopefully will be able to hook up with some friendly Maine scooter boys to help. : )
mapsail13
102%

Scooter transport to home

Postby HelixGeoff » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:56 am

Hey, I am NOT gonna "hook up" with no Maine Scooter Boys. hehe. But that 2x6 may work; we'll work it out after the holiday.

mapsail13 wrote:Sounds good Geoff. I'm thinking may need to pick up a 2x6 for front tire to rest against so as not to mess up front fender....strap down handlebars to tie downs on sides of truck. Hopefully will be able to hook up with some friendly Maine scooter boys to help. : )
HelixGeoff
122%

Return to Planning